The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Dead Horse Poll - Seven Rounds in the Magazine?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As JMB might say: "what's not to like?"...

I would prefer to have the entire match be one way or the other or have any seven round stages be last. After one seven round stage, our MD did remind folks to check their mags to ensure they had five in them.

Regards,

Allie

Next Sat the 29th we will be loading 7 for all six stages.

WAHOO!!

It's a start.

I am lobbying for cocked and locked at this match.

After all, anyone who cannot handle a 1911 stoked with 7 cocked and locked as it was designed for should not touch one, much less pick one up and for sure not try to compete in a modern gun game with one.

It was a major mistake to start this game with the 5 round limit. It is seriously stunting our growth with those who might  want to participate but scoff at the limit and will not join in with us so long as the limit is the way we play this game. They cannot wrap their heads around it.

Just the way it is here in the real world.

The sooner WBAS wakes up and gets with the program the better off we will be. After all, 7 rounds is coming, cocked and locked is coming. It's not a matter of if but when. Might as well be tomorrow since it cannot be yesterday. For sure the sooner the better.

There is no need to load 10 in the rifle on every stage. Here is where we can get creative. I like to see 5, 6, 8 etc with widely varying distances and arrays with the rifle. After all, no one comes to WB shooting for lever gun toggling. No, the charm of WB is the utilization of the classic 1911. Less rifle can allow more pistol.

5 should be the standard load out for the shotgun. Many old 97s have been cratered trying to wedge 6 in a 5 round tube. There's no sense in it, it's nonsense. 5 is plenty.

HI Gang; There is new shooters who have not come from a cocked and locked action shooting game. So for safety and    attracting NEW  shooters hammer down on a empty chamber is the best way to stay.  Did the miltary carry the 1911 hammer down on a empty chamber?

As to seven rounds , sure, it is one more way to seperate WB from CAS.

I am not interested in comments, this subject has been cussed and discussed completely on here on the WBAS wire.  Search out those threads and post your comments there.

I voted.

As JFN specifically requested no comments, I will not post them in his thread.

KingSnake

I am not interested in comments, this subject has been cussed and discussed completely on here on the WBAS wire.  Search out those threads and post your comments there.

I voted.

As JFN specifically requested no comments, I will not post them in his thread.

KingSnake

:-[

Since I can't pin this at the top comments are now allowed. 

I voted for 7 round mags.

I have no idea if 5 round mags has anything to do with WB growth, but shooting more rounds without as many mag changes sounds good to me.

I also like it because it does separate WB from CAS a bit more. I get really offended when I hear "WB is just CAS with a 1911".

Well SDD I am totally against allowing pencil barrel 6guns in our game. That would just be one more lame excuse to keep the 5 round in the mag limit that is currently holding us back.

DA revolvers of the period should be limited to a side match proposition. No need to mix them in with the mighty 1911 in the main match. No need at all. None. I have a couple and I would like to shoot them. But only in a side match.

7.  Quit kiddin' yourselves, as long as the 1911 remains limited @ 5 rnds, it IS CAS w/a 1911.  When the choice is between WB & 3 Gun, where I can use my 8-rnd mags, stoke the 870 w/8, up to 30 rnds in the AR, use the rifle on targets out to 100, 200, 300, 400 yards or beyond; AND shoot till I hit; it ain't even a difficult choice.

My local club was inspired by the seven round per mag model. Started with a seven round per mag standard. Grew pretty well with that charter. It now has succumbed to the 5 round pressures. Very sad!

I feel the fun has suffered and it is slipping into somewhat stale SASS 5 round sweeps and stage designs that seem like rehashed SASS stages. It will be interesting what happens to attendance.