The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Wild Bunch equipment poll: Magazines

Pecos Clyde
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Match report:

The Chip McCormick PowerMags modded with the Tripp followers and springs worked flawlessly. They dropped free every time, when previously, about 1/3 of the time the pointed CM follower would drag and hang up the mag.    

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Uno Mas,

I haven't been reading this post and I wish I had seen yours sooner.  Bought a bunch of Brownells mags.  They are having production problems.  Read the reviews on the Brownells website.  The Mags are about 10/1000ths  too thick and if your trigger stirrup (or bow) is small they hang up.  Brownells makes good products, I am sure they will work this out.  But I sent half of them back and the rest became drop in the dirt practice mags.  They don't always drop out of the mag well.  I don't trust them for a match.

• 3 months later...
I have been using ACT-MAG's in my Cimarron (Armscor) which work fine but the lanyard loop on the bottom is hard on the palms.  So Saturday I bought a couple Mec-gars and broke the prime rule by shooting them in a WB match Sunday without trying them out first.  Fortunately they worked just fine!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...