The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Wild Bunch equipment poll: Magazines

Pecos Clyde
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy,

I bought 5 Chip McCormick Shooting Star magazines with the plastic base pads. Do these base pads come off with the metal base underneath or do I need replace these magazines for Wild Bunch.

Thanks pards,

Marshal Law

ML

I know of 2 types of McCormick mags...the shooting star and the power mag.  One of those models does come with a removeable extended base pad.....I just don't recall which one.  Look for a scre in the bottom of the black plastic extnded pad.

PC

Guest John E. Law

I have been using Wilson's and a Kim-Tec, but I recently bought a dozen military surplus and they work fine. No better no worse than the others which were more expensive.

JEL

I bought 5 Chip McCormick Shooting Star magazines with the plastic base pads. Do these base pads come off with the metal base underneath or do I need replace these magazines for Wild Bunch.

I've gotten Shooting Star mags before that had the plastic bumpers on them.  Two screws in the bumper were removed, and voila, a naked steel base plate reveals itself!

Good luck, GJ

I have a number of misc. mags that did not prove reliable enough, so I replaced them with Chip McCormick Shooting Star mags (there on sale at Midway).  I bought the ones that came with a bumper that you have to install, and just didn't install them.  That way if I would like to use them in an Action Pistol match, all I have to do is screw them in.  I've found them very reliable.

Howdy,

Thanks pards,

Marshal Law

ML

I know of 2 types of McCormick mags...the shooting star and the power mag.  One of those models does come with a removeable extended base pad.....I just don't recall which one.   Look for a scre in the bottom of the black plastic extnded pad.

PC

As GJ stated the Shooting Star has the removable bumper, the powermag bumper is not removable.