The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Really Fun Stage

Allie Mo

Hi Folks,

I love a certain type of stage that we have at almost every monthly WBAS match. I didn't keep the scenario, so I can't give the exact wording.

There were 31 targets spread around a very wide berm. All were must engage once. KDs had to fall. All targets, even stationary, were Comstock. No penalty of you lost track and engaged a stationary target twice. If you had a problem and didn't engage the bird, you had to fire that round downrange.

There were three sets of lollypop KDs. Two fives and one six. The one with six had another KD and bird beside it.

There were two sets of stationary targets at a rifle distance. One set of stationary targets at a pistol distance.

One six target dueling tree about 1/2 way between rifle and pistol.

Most people chose to use primarily pistol with some rifle and SG. One fellow used pistol and SG only.

I <giggle> used 22 SG and 10 rifle. I carried my pistol and mags in case I needed to make up any additional targets (I didn't). Reasoning, I'm much better with SG and rifle. I took twice as long (145.91 seconds) as most of the shooters (the stage and match winner/alien got it in 49.55); but, I still loved it. I only missed one, which I made up. So I was clean.

I engaged all of the KDs, pistol-distance targets, and one set of rifle-distance targets with the SG. I shot the dueling tree and other set of rifle-distance targets with the rifle. I traversed the stage to the right with my SG, picked up my rifle and came back to the left, engaging one rifle target (SG got the others), the dueling tree, and the other set of rifle targets.

That may seem silly an inefficient, which it was, to you; but it was fun for me.  Everyone attending our WBAS matches loves these.

I hope this gives you enough information to try something like this.

Please post your favorite stages/scenarios on this thread, if you like.

Regards,

Allie

Sutter called the stage " machos banditos"  the last scene of the Wild Bunch....

As it was a club match we played by Sutter lawman's rules.

Rule 1.

popper must be shot with shotgun all other targets shooter may use  whatever gun shooter feels like useing  

Rule 2.

you may load 7 in your mag

Rule 3.

you may lode more then 10 in you rifle  but anything after 10 must be loaded on the clock

Rule 3.

you cannot carry to much ammo in a gunfight

Rule 4. It's just a game play safe and have fun.....and we did!

Sutter called the stage " machos banditos"  the last scene of the Wild Bunch....

As it was a club match we played by Sutter lawman's rules.

Rule 1.

popper must be shot with shotgun all other targets shooter may use  whatever gun shooter feels like useing  

Rule 2.

you may load 7 in your mag

Rule 3.

you may lode more then 10 in you rifle  but anything after 10 must be loaded on the clock

Rule 3.

you cannot carry to much ammo in a gunfight

Rule 4. It's just a game play safe and have fun.....and we did!

Good stage and good rules, especially 7 in a magazine!

JFN

• 5 months later...

We do this Muchos Banditos optional stage every match now. Everyone seems to love it and sticks around for it. The last two matches had 65 targets on a double stage berm.

Four targets were mandatory SG. They were KDs with water bottles. We could use two rifles and two SGs if we liked. Tully Mars only shot four SG and all of the rest were pistol. (He did that last time too.)He did it and won the stage in 79.48. Wow! It is such fun to see the variety of ways it is shot.

I'm getting braver and using more pistol. This time I had to use it on some of the rifle targets as I forgot my second rifle.  Again, I was last but loved every minute of it. I did much better last month when I shot 22 rifle rounds.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS Here are the instructions for this month's stage.

Optional Stage 5. Bay 5. ? Rifle, ? Pistol and ? Shotgun. 65 rounds minimum. The entire bay is one shooting position. Start at shooting position of your choice. Begin by saying: “Muchos bandidos”. At the signal, using any combination of firearms, engage the targets as follows.  All knockdown targets must go down to count. All stationary targets must be hit at least once.  Fallers and water bottles may only be engaged with the shotgun. Make sure all firearms are empty before they leave your hands. You may use 2 rifles. Rifles may only be loaded up to 10 rounds. Pistol magazines may be loaded up to 7 rounds. You may use 2 Wild Bunch legal shotguns. The outhouse must be used.

Hey Allie,

I agree with you, that stage is a kick in the pants! It can become difficult for the TO, spotters and shooter to keep track of targets hit. Painting in between helps a lot. Sutter's stages are very challenging and well thought out. Putting WBT and Sutter together to design stages would be very interesting indeed!

Tom when are you going to come shoot with us?

Tully

HJ,

It's my belief you've probably been involved in your share of Revolutions and this one could be your undoing! Happy Jack vs. the Liberal state of California, not good!

If your so inclined to travel to California and shoot WB with us at Gold Country Wild Bunch. It would be my pleasure to provide the guns and ammo. Bring your leather and your good to go. Actually I can provide the leather as well if needed.

The above offer is good for any traveling WB shooter, provided it's a shoot I can make. Of course I try not to miss many.

Just send me a PM.

HJ how did the enlarger work out for you?

Tully