The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Model '12 Favorite Method for Ensuring You Remember to Pull the Trigger at Line

Allie Mo

Allie

Both Serenity and I use clothes pins, an idea from friends.  Mine is blue and Serenity's is pink.  Although not the match you are talking about, at the recent New York State WB match, I had to use her pink one!

By the way the NY match was absolutely fantastic.  I have never seen so many different kinds of moving and still targets in one match.

Legendary Lawman

All good ideas but remember the trigger pull is a safety check. It's not a game of gotcha. TO.'s should always be looking over their shooters checking for mag in pistol and model 12's etc. " nice model  12" "is that a model 12" even other competitors get in on it

+1.

All good ideas but remember the trigger pull is a safety check. It's not a game of gotcha. TO.'s should always be looking over their shooters checking for mag in pistol and model 12's etc. " nice model  12" "is that a model 12" even other competitors get in on it

I agree completely on this, it's a safety check... nothing more.  We do the same checks to the shooter's other firearms are not cocked when they come to the line, and this is the procedure for verifying the Model 12 shotgun is not cocked... plain and simple.