The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

WINTER RANGE WILD BUNCH LOST BRASS ??

KingSnake

I knew I forgot to put something in the update.  The Boy Scouts will pick up brass, bag it with the number of rounds shot by a shooter so you can buy back from them so they can raise some money.  It will be less expensive than in the past.  After everyone has had the opportunity to buy their brass back what's left will be offered for sale to everyone.

The Scouts (and some hard working parents and siblings) in Phoenix usually hustle pretty well.  I've seen the brass available each morning, after the day it was shot, unless there was enough rain to make that day's crop impossible to retrieve.

Watch for a tent set up with the Scouts under it with bagged brass.

Good luck, GJ 

ER

I know you will catch some flak for this being a lost brass match.  So I want to thank you and the rest of the leadership for making the hard choices to make a match with this number of shooters and this many rounds to run smoothly.  I come to shoot and replacing my match brass is the least of my expenses.  Otherwise, I could see the match dragging on until late afternoon.  As much as we all hate to lose our brass, this will improve the quality of the match.

JFN

If the lost brass pickup happens like it did 2 years ago, the Scouts will have school, and will pick it up at the end of the day.    That way you still can buy it back the next day.  Glad to hear that someone other than me enlightened them that they had priced pickup brass way too high 2 years ago.  I'm sure they will be adjusting.

Good luck, GJ

• 2 weeks later...