The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Winter Range Update

evilroy

it would be a great idea if someone could scan the stages so everyone could see them.  I counted 13 hostage or dueling tree pistol targets in the whole match of 295 pistol shots. A real challenge. There was also a rifle plate rack and dueling tree and a pistol tombstone rack.

Try this link for all ten stages.  Let me know if you can't see them.

https://plus.google.com/photos/102143975088562546523/albums/6123705287851739905?banner=pwa&authkey=CKeq8_r1mPqlugE

• 2 weeks later...

My preference is six stages a day.  I understand the scheduling requirements for the CAS match but for WB I favor six.  At least, until WB gets to be as big as CAS.

Generally, I liked the stages.  They were challenging which made them interesting.  Much more interesting than variations of 5+5+10 every stage.

WB Fire and Ice was also a fun shoot.  A little more relaxed and the shooters were a little less tense.

Desert Pete, I'm sorry you felt our posse was tense. I certainly didn't want anyone to go away from that and not feel they had the best time ever. Please feel free to PM me or post here anything you did not like as I would like to see if we can address it in the future.

You do have to remember, Winter Range is the National Championship of Wild Bunch and not only did we have the overall winner on our posse, we had two past winners and a couple who could have won this year. People are going to take it a little more serious than a lot of other matches.

Again, please feel free to PM me, call me 505-220-4922, email me tboggus@hotmail.com or post here what ever we can do to make it more enjoyable experience.

Boggus Deal, please don't take my comments in a negative way.  They weren't meant to be. 

There were more chances to just bs at Fire and Ice while we were picking brass and doing our posse duties.  We moved pretty efficiently in the main match because we did not have to pick brass.  This is a good thing but some of the social interaction gets lost.

I enjoyed shooting only 5 stages a day, that is more than enough. I thought the idea of the side matches was fantastic and I am looking forward to competing in them next year. As some one who attends from outside the US, I have to submit my paperwork months ahead of time to the BATF to bring in my ammo and firearms. In the future, please avoid cranking up the round count at the last minute as this causes immense problems for some shooters. In my case I barely had enough .45 acp to shoot Cowtown, Winter Range and Gathering of the Posses (this coming weekend).