The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

EOT round count for WB

Kid Rich

Pretty easy to estimate -

12 regular and 4 warmup stages

27.5 pistol rounds

10 rifle rounds

6 shotgun rounds    per stage

Then add whatever your safety margin is.

I'll spot you extra ammo if those numbers don't get you all the ammo you need.

Good luck, GJ

I would like to know because I am leaving in a week and traveling until mid July and need to have enough ammo made up for matches every weekend til then, Most of them are posted and its not too hard to add a small amount for margin of error. If I have to add a huge amount it can add a large amount of weight. Right now I'm probably a little over 600 lbs for ammo.

kR

Kid,

I'm quite certain the stages aren't finished yet. I would use Garrison Joe's estimates and add 10% or so.

And as he said, if by chance you run short, you will have plenty of ammo from other shooters. If hauling the ammo is a problem, feel free to ship some to me as I am only 20 minutes away from Founder's Ranch.

Boggus

Main match will be right around 450.

That would be WAY more than ever shot at EOT or WR.  If you are intending to try that on for size, you'd be wise to let folks know they will need MORE MAGS, as well as more ammo.  Well before the match.

Good luck, GJ

Haven't seen just a total stated before to someone asking about how much ammo to bring - so I was going along the line of thought that 450 was the pistol ammo count (the largest volume we shoot in WB matches).  If 450 is pistol plus rifle plus shotgun, then it will be a little lighter loadout than what I was expecting. 

Always helps to see a three-number set to prevent confusion.

Good luck, GJ

55+ sg 90+ R 300 +p it's something very close to that. I don't have the book, just notes, and it contained total round counts. I'll know Exact when the final book is confirmed this week. I'm sure most of ya who've shot at EOT know what WB usually contains per stage.

55+ sg 90+ R 300 +p it's something very close to that. I don't have the book, just notes, and it contained total round counts. I'll know Exact when the final book is confirmed this week. I'm sure most of ya who've shot at EOT know what WB usually contains per stage.

So I am assuming 6 mags will be enough?

***UPDATE***

"Official round count for EOT will be 295 P 87 R 51 SG" - Texas Jack Morales

Final book sent to Misty.

Regarding mags, I carry 6 on my belt and 1 in the gun(obviously) 35rounds. I always carry 1 extra mag than what the stage calls for because I run fast and my mags sometimes like to fly out of my warn out mag holders. . . Better safe than sorry. 

"Ahead of time" and "posted" - hmmmm.  No to either part of the question.

WB stage booklets at EOT get handed out when you pick up your registration packet beginning on WB warm-up day (or even the first day of the WB match).

They are printed.  Not posted on any SASS site.  Walk to bay.  See 'em - read 'em - shoot 'em.  ;D

Good luck, GJ

***UPDATE***

Regarding mags, I carry 6 on my belt and 1 in the gun(obviously) 35rounds. I always carry 1 extra mag than what the stage calls for because I run fast and my mags sometimes like to fly out of my warn out mag holders. . . Better safe than sorry.

Your mags do that too, brother????

***UPDATE***

Your mags do that too, brother????

I'm just wondering when we will get our Nike sponsorship and they'll come out with some high performance running cowboy boots. . . Stages will be printed in the book and the books are handed out when you register at EOT. You can always ask Amber or Misty for an extra if you get there real early, or come find me. No need to practice stages until you arrive at the stage IMO. Everyone's different. Mental game is what I'd prepare for, dropping the heart rate, relaxing, that sort of thing. And that's what music, good friends and whiskey is for each night of EOT!