The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Tactical reloads

vaquero

Vaquero,

Tactical reloads are allowed and depending on the scenario can be beneficial.  I use tactical reloads when it allows me to keep from re-acquiring and aiming at a target twice.  Example—7 targets.  Double tap each target.  I double tap the first 3 targets, drop the mag (finger off trigger), reload and double tap the remaining 4 targets. 

Food for thought.   

EJ

• 3 months later...

Vaquero,

T  I use tactical reloads when it allows me to keep from re-acquiring and aiming at a target twice.  Example—7 targets.  Double tap each target.  I double tap the first 3 targets, drop the mag (finger off trigger), reload and double tap the remaining 4 targets. 

Food for thought.   

EJ

Well considered!

Cheers,

FJT

As already mentioned...very useful in SOME circumstances.  My decision to do so (or not) is based on whether the tactical reload simplifies the engagement sequence, or complicates it. ;D  I don't do it just because its possible... Elwood James gave an excellent example...another would be on a double tap sweep of 3 targets for 14 rounds... 6 then 8.

Yep, it's a great tool to have if you need it. We encountered another situation at the MO state match where the stage called for a California Sweep (reverse Badger) on 7 targets. These were all single-taps, but the tac reload was good for many of us because our 2nd mag was 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 instead of 2,3,4,1,2,3,4. It also helped because with the tac, you don't have to come back to 1 with your 7th shot of the first mag before reloading. This is minor preference, but I always try to use tac reloads when it won't hinder me because they are a teeny bit faster (for me).

California Sweep is 1 / 1,2 / 1,2,3 / 1,2,3,4 / 1,2,3,4,5 / 1,2,3,4,5,6 / 1,2,3,4,5,6,7