The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Wild Bunch at 2021 EOT in Indiana

Abe E.S. Corpus

Although no one has posted round counts yet, typical "big match" WB round counts (average per stage) run about 35 pistol, 8 rifle and 7 shotgun per stage.  Multiply by the 12 stages they expect to put up, and you can see the ammo needed for the WB match.  Then take another 100-200 pistol, 100 rifle and 100-200 shotgun for spares and side matches (which have not been called out yet either), and you know how big the pack mule is going to have to be.

Be SURE you have chronographed your loads and calculated power factors for ammo shot from your 1911 and rifle.  Big matches always chrono a sample of shooters and their ammo.  160 PF is a good average power factor to "shoot" for.

good luck, GJ

I don’t need to add too much to GJ’s post.  It is much too early to finalize the round count for WB at EOT.  There is a huge amount of coordination with cowboy as we must synchronize with their stages, although we plan to move targets out and add targets.

Based on the fact that there will be six stages a day, the pistol round count will be a little lower than GJ suggested.  The high will be an average of 28 pistol rounds per stage.  Take heed of GJ’s comments and bring lots of extra ammo for warmup and side matches.

I am sure that the Match Director will get a more accurate round count to everyone well before the match, as well as information about side matches.

There is every intention of holding a BAMM match and other side matches at EOT.  However, with everything that must be put together, these details have not been finalized.  It is our hope to have more details in the next couple of weeks.

While we may not have too much flexibility, we are looking for feedback.  Would WB shooters rather have the WB Side Matches on Friday, June 18, Monday June 21 or Tuesday June 22?

Thanks

Would the WB side matches be open only to Wild Bunch shooters?

Assuming I am able to come up for Wild Bunch it would probably be more convenient to shoot the Wild Bunch gear on the first few days, then switch over to cowboy guns after Sunday.  I use the same rifle for both games but will feed it Frontier Cartridge ammo in the CAS warm up stages.

• 1 month later...

Legendary Lawman

I would much prefer the side matches happen on Friday. I don't know about others, but since I am only going for WB, my plans are to be there Friday -Sunday and drive back on Monday. I wish we were having the WB banquet closer to the shoot, I would happily stick around a day for it, or even if Monday was the sidematches and Banquet. I ain't holding my breath on the banquet moving though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have to agree it is a bummer that we don't get to be around and congratulate our fellow wild people. When we were on the old schedule in NM I was going to hang around the extra day for the banquet, I can't justify a week.

This sounds like a plan.

• 2 weeks later...