The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

SASS National Championships Wild Bunch at Winter Range 2020

WildOkDee

Hi WildOkDee

Unlike Garrison Joe, I cannot find your name on the list.  Serenity, the Match Director for WB, just received the latest list from Registration and we cannot see your name.  Please contact registration@winterrange.com and ask Sunshine Kay about it.

We are going with 130 for WB and we are almost full right now.  That makes for some good size posses but the stages look great with lots of shooting. 

We will be publishing the WB side matches in the next couple of days.  They are exciting as well.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Hi WildOkDee

Unlike Garrison Joe, I cannot find your name on the list.  Serenity, the Match Director for WB, just received the latest list from Registration and we cannot see your name.  Please contact registration@winterrange.com and ask Sunshine Kay about it.

We are going with 130 for WB and we are almost full right now.  That makes for some good size posses but the stages look great with lots of shooting. 

We will be publishing the WB side matches in the next couple of days.  They are exciting as well.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks, I will call on Thursday sometime.  Garrison Joe, may have been looking at the Cowboy match listing.  I sent my entry in wayyyyy back.  Just sent the Wild Bunch match application, in on Dec the 12th of 2019.

Hi Tully

The list of who's coming on the website www.winterrange.com, is all inclusive.  It does not tell you who is shooting Wild Bunch.  I will inquire but I think it just takes too much time to separate the list.  Right now everyone is working hard to tie down all the loose ends, checking and rechecking. 

We have a work party at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Jan 4 for anyone who is already in town.  Lots of work on props and things but lots of fun working with all the other volunteer cowboys.

It's going to be a great shoot.

Just heard that you were not going to be able to make it J. Frank.  We'll miss you here.

There have been discussions on how to allow more Wild Bunch shooters to participate.  Again this year,  we will probably max out which means 26 shooters a posse which is pretty big, especially for Wild Bunch.

The problem is time and people.  If you look at the schedule, there is so much cowboy activity on Tuesday, that the stages we shoot on Monday have to be re-set on Monday afternoon to prepare for all the schools and courses on Tuesday.  Then there is a mad rush again Tuesday afternoon to re-set the stages for the cowboy side matches and warm-up on Wednesday.  As well, we have the Wild Bunch side matches on Monday and Tuesday afternoon.

I just wanted to show everyone that what seems simple is not.  We have talked about having another day for shooting.  That is an additional expense but may be viable if we can get enough shooters.

The rest of the Winter Range board are all supportive of Wild Bunch and we continue to have discussions on how to make this match better.

Thanks everyone for your support