The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Will Win Mod 1200 mag extension work with a Win Mod 12 mag tube?

Follow on to the other thread about Mod 12 mag extension.  Solution was the change out Mos 12 mag tube for 3 gun and WB.

Mag tubes for Mod 12 seem plentiful, mag extensions are not.  But mag tube extensions for Mod 1200 seem available.  From what I've been able to decipher from web info, the difference between Mod 12 and Mod 1200 seems to be manufacturing process changes, not design changes.

Does anyone know whether a Mod 1200 mag tube extension will work with a Mod 12 mag tube?

Appreciate those who share their knowledge and experience.

B Slim

BS, I don't know for a fact but I think the 1200 uses a screw on cap on top of the mag tube and of course the model 12 does not. if you feel you just got to have one I would think the easiest would be to take some measurements and weld one together in the length you want and then get a longer spring for one of the extended tubes. I don't think you are going to find a ready made long tube for the model 12. just my thoughts . hope it works out for ya.  dusty boddams

A magazine extension for a model 12 is not going to be a simple thing.  One thing that comes to mind is to have a long magazine made using 2 tubes for a model 12, cutting, welding and such.  Then, changing the magazine tube from the short one to the long one is going to be a pain.  The entire front end has to be disassembled in order to change the tube.  Your mileage may vary!!

Blackfoot