The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Model 12 Help

I recently bought a Model 12 for nostalgia and Wild Bunch.  It had a plug in the magazine which I took out.  Takedown and removing the magazine cap and plug went fine.  However, now the magazine tube will not rotate.  It is bound tight and acts like maybe something is out of line.  Had Model 12s as a youngster and never had a problem so I believe my procedures have been correct.  Anybody have an idea of what to check?

Thanks,

Coffee Pot

Give us a little more information.

1.  Did the tube rotate before you removed the plug?

2.  Was it in take-down mode when you removed the plug?

3.  Is it back together now or are you trying to rotate the magazine to finish putting it back together?

4.  Anything else?

It's fixed...kinda.  Thanks for your suggestions.  The mallet was the best help and "get a bigger hammer is a technique" I've used with success in the past.  I think it is just extremely tight.  The interrupted are not buggered.  They had old lube that I cleaned out and with some judicious tapping got it all back in place.  The arrows on the mage tube & receiver are off by about 1/8 of an inch but is seems to work OK. 

This one was built in 1959 and I think has stood in a closet for many years.  I've cleaned the old lube out the best I can.  I think the bolt needs to be taken apart and cleaned as well but I'm not sure I'm up for that.

Thanks again,

Coffee Pot

This one was built in 1959 and I think has stood in a closet for many years.  I've cleaned the old lube out the best I can.  I think the bolt needs to be taken apart and cleaned as well but I'm not sure I'm up for that.
Sounds like the Model 12 parts needs a kerosene or pure turpentine bath and some brushing with a brass brush.  Just soak the bolt and don't disassemble unless your competent reassembling it