The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

WBAS given "equal billing" with CAS

I made this comment in response to a photo that SASS posted on Facebook.  The backdrop to the SASS booth at the Great American Outdoor Show is a colorful photo (Monument Valley, I suppose) with a centered caption that reads "Single Action Shooting Society" and under that "Shooting Sports".

Under that heading "Cowboy Action Shooting" is on the left and "Wild Bunch Action Shooting" on the right.  To the newcomer it coveys the message that SASS offers two separate shooting sports (which has been true for some time) but also that they are equally important, instead of CAS being the primary focus of SASS while WBAS is an afterthought.

This is subtle messaging but I thought it meaningful and a demonstration that SASS really wants to promote Wild Bunch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/4/2024 at 10:50 PM, Sasswhistleblower said:

Never have and never will. To them it’s just a side match and a scapegoat. They can’t shoot it because it requires skill and a power factor.

with 90 grain 38s at a pf of 60, not anymore... now its just like CB, whoever moves the lever the fastest wins...

i wonder how long until 22's are allowed? maybe even airsoft...

heck, maybe just whoever can yell "pow! pow! i got you!" the fastest will be in the future...

I got into WBAS because with the allowed guns and calibers, skill had more factor in being competitive than whoever can buy the most expensive guns and load the softest ammo does like in CAS, but alas, thats all been ruined so I'm quittting WBAS... it was fun for the short time i was involved... 

• Like 1

Wow....Just WOW. Some of these comments are just.....WOW

The new TG system has taken on the responsibility of fixing all of this.

Don't like what's happened? Get your club to elect you WBTG and fix the problem.

.38's isn't written in stone. Fix it.

Don't just bitch about it, become part of the solution, or shut up.

I talked to a lot of shooters, here in Arizona who said "I shoot (fill in the blank) and I don't want to change from condition 1 to SASS" or "I don't have a 40 caliber or larger rifle", or "I don't have a Model 12". 
Now that most of that is the norm in WBAS, they say "Oh, I got rid of those guns years ago". "I don't have time for another shooting sport". etc.

They never intended to shoot WBAS, they just wanted an excuse. Now the excuse is gone, they have to face reality.

Don't like the, current, system? Get involved and fix it....Or shut up.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Flying W Ramrod said:

Don't like what's happened? Get your club to elect you WBTG and fix the problem.

.38's isn't written in stone. Fix it.

Don't just bitch about it, become part of the solution, or shut up.

I talked to a lot of shooters, here in Arizona who said "I shoot (fill in the blank) and I don't want to change from condition 1 to SASS" or "I don't have a 40 caliber or larger rifle", or "I don't have a Model 12". 
Now that most of that is the norm in WBAS, they say "Oh, I got rid of those guns years ago". "I don't have time for another shooting sport". etc.

They never intended to shoot WBAS, they just wanted an excuse. Now the excuse is gone, they have to face reality.

This x1,000!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Flying W Ramrod said:

Those whiners will never shoot it but they are the ones that have caused the s@&tshow it is now. They’re the ones that said they would shoot when we went to 7 in the mag, when we went to tactical reloads, when we puts base pads on. And every time we tried to accommodate them, they just come up with another reason not to shoot.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Boggus Deal said:

Those whiners will never shoot it but they are the ones that have caused the s@&tshow it is now. They’re the ones that said they would shoot when we went to 7 in the mag, when we went to tactical reloads, when we puts base pads on. And every time we tried to accommodate them, they just come up with another reason not to shoot.

Yep, 1000%

• Like 2

On 5/24/2024 at 5:47 PM, Flying W Ramrod said:

I had faith in the system, but after EoT I have a hard time finding any. You mention the new TG system, I assume you were in that meeting as well. We were told then that it's up to the TG to make changes now, but we were not allowed to do so then. Stating that there is "no ROC and not enough WBTG," with no answer to how many WBTG are deemed to be enough to start talking or a timeline for an ROC. We are essentially 18 months from the EoT where this emerged from with no path forward. I would maintain hope if I heard anything about work being done. 

I loved Wild Bunch. Most if not all of my favorite people to shoot with are there. I liked playing two different games as well (CAS and WB). I haven't seen any new shooters, and the ones that were most passionate and supportive of it are gone. I can't argue with them on why.

• Like 1

Howdy All,

SASS HQ is receiving names and club information for Wild Bunch TG's and I know they already have several dozen signed up.

Get involved ! This is going to be the best way to revive Wild Bunch and help set the path forward.

The future of this sport is now in the shooters hands and it can grow, manifest, and be enjoyed based on those that want to be involved.

WB ROC is coming, Misty is doing her due diligence and moving forward at the proper pace. 

Simply put, be part of the solution for success if you want. 

More later, I got to get ready for the Wild Bunch match tomorrow, have a good day,

CC Moonshine

I was going to suggest reading the minutes from the WB TG's meeting at the 4 corners regional but they seem to have been deleted or at least I can't find them any more.

They were sent to the SASS office who recognized receipt.

Jim Miller