The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Casting & Reloading for WB ...

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

... the number of rounds for a WB match is not small for handgun and rifle.  Do you cast your own bullets and reload them?

The thought came to me this afternoon casting 18 lbs of H&G 68's to get ahead of the inventory curve for future matches.  In addition, cast & reload for the rifle and shotgun

... the number of rounds for a WB match is not small for handgun and rifle.  Do you cast your own bullets and reload them?

The thought came to me this afternoon casting 18 lbs of H&G 68's to get ahead of the inventory curve for future matches.  In addition, cast & reload for the rifle and shotgun

jb , I guess you would call me an avid reloader. I do not cast my own bullets but I do have a good friend who happens to own a bullet making business and he keeps me well stocked. I use a 650 Dillon and I keep plenty of match quality ammo on hand.  dusty boddems

JB, yep, I cast every bullet my wife and I shoot.  One shooter WB and both shooting Cowboy.   And load it all, including shotgun.   Keeps me busy, since that is all hand casting, highest end machines are a pair of Star sizers and a 650 Dillon.

Some bullets of my own design that few others have bought molds for.   So, yeah, soup to nuts.  Except I don't drop my own shot.

Howdy John boy,

When L.P.L. and I shot N-SSA regularly I spent many a winters night casting 58 cal, 50 cal and 69 cal (one at a time ) and 44-40 Henry bullets using sometimes a little over 200 lbs of lead a year. When we started shooting CAS and now WB I call the bullet company and have them shipped.

Sometimes instead of counting sheep at night I could count bullets dropping one at a time.  :) :)

Nawlins

PS Years ago I purchased German musket caps for $17 a 1000. I been trading 1000 caps for 2000 LP primers because the musket caps sell for over $ 60 a thousand.

• 1 year later...
I reload each of my CAS and WBAS cartridges and some shotshell with bp.  I use the Dillon 550 for the handgun ammo the rifle and brass shotshell get loaded on a rcbs rock chucked II regular shotshell get loaded on a MEC 600 iirc I believe that is the low end progressive press for shotgun  I've been tempted to add a case feeder or get a 650 with one but the need for reloading materials all way use the funds so far.  But the 550 can knock out some ammo. I've seen you tube videos where they modify a 550 or 650 with a bullet feed also.