The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Bullets for BAMM!

DUSTY BODDAMS

I have been working on locating some high quality bullets that are more reasonable in price compared to whom I have been using. The only "choke point" I see in BAMM to keep it from growing is bullet availability and price. Through a very fortuitous encounter I learned of this company. Traditional lead cast bullets with an aluminum gas check.  I had never used a aluminum gas check and had my reservations about them. Problems so far have been unfounded. They shoot just as good as the copper gc and leave no residue with the amount I have shot so far. These bullets are half price compared to what I have been using with very reasonable shipping. That translates into twice as much shooting! I'm not selling the bullets or making money off the sale of them. I just want everyone to know about them . If your happy with what you are using then no reason to change but here is his info quality cast bullets gentlemans name is Norm and his phone number is 575-625-2825.  Email is npurcella56@gmail.com right now suitable for BAMM he has a 308 spire point with gc and same bullet type for 303 British. The 308 will be sized in .309 or .310(my favorite)  and the Brit is sized in .313 he is going to add some more bullets for us but the other molds he ordered are about 6 weeks out. He also has 7 mm spire. Myself I have only had 100 percent function with the spire point bullet. The flat nose bullet has not worked well for me out of my 03s and mausers. Dusty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dusty,

I don't know a thing about .303's, but PC gave me some poly coated flat points to try in my 03-A3 30-06 and they feed like butter.

All I had shot thru it before was factory pointy bullets (that's a technical term  ;)).

I guess different rifles like different fodder.

Anyhow, those poly coated flat points are gonna be my standard reloads.

KingSnake

Ks, some of the rifles will feed flats like water,no problems and others are just contrary.  When I first started messing with the bolt guns my early 03 would feed flat nose about 90 percent of the time. I have some rifles that will not feed anything reliable but the "pointy" bullet. So for folks that want something to work right now and they don't want to experiment I always recommend the spire point to mimic factory mil spec loads of course with reduced charges for our game. These old bolt guns teach lessons all the time.  ;D! Hey,by the way what speed are you running the flat point polys and what powder did you settle on? I'm sold on 4759 right now. It's doing so well in my rifles I thought about putting a spoonful in my coffee ;D :o. Dusty

Dusty, I am a total novice at bolt rifles. I'm using some info PC shared with me. I wouldn't have even tried a flat point except PC gave me some to try.

13.5 Red Dot with 165 poly flat point. Happy to use Red Dot as I have a lot of it.

Chrono's about 1620. Pretty accurate at 200 yards using the 600 line on the rear sight, if that makes any sense..

And it's a pleasure to shoot. Could shoot that load all afternoon without tiring out.

I'm hoping to be able to shoot BAMM somewhere. PC has got me and several others around here interested.

KingSnake

KS, sounds like you have the right load. That 600 yard mark does make a lot of sense. That usually is about where every rifle winds up at shooting the loads we use. We shoot BAMM after every monthly WB match and it seems like everyone really enjoys it. Great thing about BAMM is it can be just as challenging at 80 yards as it would be at 130. Last weekend we shot BAMM as 10 shots from 2 location any position. Rifle empty in your hands stripper clips on table. At the beep load  and alternate between 2 target at 70 And 80 yards.move to the window at other end of room reload sweep 5 targets from about 95 yards down to 70 yards. Lots of neat old rifles showing up around here. Brought out my "new" 104 year old argentine mauser carbine that I just acquired and had a blast. Dusty

Dusty, now that sounds like a very LARGE time. I foresee us doing something like that at our Yavapai WB match. We shoot out in the boonies and up to 200 yards is not a problem. Right now I know we have available an 03 and three 03-A3's. I think one of members from Flagstaff might have a few different rifles to use. Due to Bordertown being the same weekend as our usual shoot, we won't have a match till Nov. Sounds like plenty of time to plan something.

KingSnake