The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Magazine pouches

I currently have three 2-magazine pouches on my left side as I am right-handed.  I have a hard time reaching the rear two magazines as they are so far back with the extra spaces between the three pouches. 

Is there any problem with having a leather maker make a single 6-magazine pouch with the normal spacing between magazines versus having three 2-magazine pouches so I can do away with some of that extra total length?

I don't see a problem but HJ or committee will chime in shortly. You know you can start your first mag pouch just left of your belly button and then shove the other 2 up against the first. Might be easier and cheaper since you already have good mag pouches. Just a thought. Dusty Boddams

As stated, your plan would be illegal at SASS sanctioned matches.

Learn how to slide your pouch slides together so you have no space between them.  I use Mernicle 2-mag-pouch-per slides.  The design is such that the slide ends can overlap with a little persuasion, and the pouches almost touch. 

Then practice. 

I know I have long arms, but I can comfortably reach to a pouch just behind my my right hip with my left arm.  I''ll bet you can get at least to the middle of your back.  Which is as far around as is legal.  And unless you are smaller than a 34" waist, you can easily get six mags on your belt from navel to spine.

Otherwise, strap on a shotgun belt and in a clear spot on THAT belt, slide on one or two double pouches.

Good luck, GJ

I use a separate belt for the mag pouches with 2 Kirkpartick and 2 Mernickle mag pouches thus allowing me to carry 9 mags to the LT with the one in the loading strip. Putting the mag pouches on the gun belt makes it too busy so to speak. With the two belts there is plenty room to carry a few knives and cartridge/sg shell slides at various strategic locations. Then, when not shooting the pouch belt can come off and hang on the gun cart whilst the gun belt remains cinched around the fat boy meownself...