The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Front strap scallops

Chuck emailed me last night and I called him, he is about 5-6 weeks out which is fine. Super nice guy to talk to. They both have their own version of the scallops so I'm just trying to decide which one I want to go with.

Chuck's work is on bottom which uses 10 per row and the other guy uses 7 per row which is on top.

rps20160323_122140.jpg.0b870a447ea03ac3016ea9a6bb21afe4.jpg

rps20160323_122157.thumb.jpg.bc7ea6e669e60af86d4682c7fa38db73.jpg

There are lots of very skilled gunsmiths out there. And lots of very talented gun builders. Chuck is one of those I consider an actually gun maker. If this photo posts, it is a bin of his barrels. Like his frames and slides, he starts with a raw forging and makes all the major components. He does buy a lot of the smaller pieces because it is much more cost effective. He and I have had many discussions about that. he would very much like to make every single piece in his guns. I have always thought I knew a lot about 1911s. Then I started talking to Chuck. I know next to nothing!

Barrel_forgings.thumb.jpg.35d95c033f81ceaf54da151e1b045681.jpg