The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

State Wild Bunch Side match

Ted88160

I was reading the SASS CAS state match rules for the Match Event under bullet #3 it states:

"Any side match that uses the "Wild Bunch" name MUST follow SASS Wild Bunch rules with the respect to firearms and ammunition." I am wondering if a 4 stage side match at a state shoot, may use 7 rounds in a magazine instead of 5 rounds. The Wild Bunch handbook says the firearms shall be .40 caliber or larger rifle, 1897 pump, and a 1911 of 45acp caliber. There is no mention in the side match portion of the WBHB that only 5 rounds must be used in a magazine. So is 7 round magazines ok for a side match at state shoots?

So GJ, maybe my next question has been answered before, but how or why was it determined and by whom to just load the magazine with 5 rounds instead of 7? Knowing that Wild Bunch is not cowboy action shooting with a 1911. I'm not trying to stir up any trouble here, just asking why 5 rounds instead of 7.

TriggerHappy Ted