The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Fundamental Tactical Handgun Class

Allie Mo

WB Tom,

You've seen our set up. How do you feel it compares with others? I feel our targets are hittable, even if I don't, for even me.

El Mulo,

In my area, we have a dedicated WBAS club and I think attendance is pretty good. The "problem" is that we have many other matches to compete with, CAS, IDPA.... Yes, this is California!  ;)

Regards,

Allie

"I bet the 1917's are rowdier than what's expected with the loads we shoot." Dusty Boddams

I can attest that the 1917 loaded with the same 45 acp load as my 1911  (4.3 gr Trail Boss and a 230 gr bullet, PF = 161), is way more rowdy than the 1911!

I  backed off to 3.5 gr TB and a 230 gr bullet for the 1917.  While that is manageable,  I'd load lighter bullets for the 1917 if I had some handy.  But shooting the 1917 is a hoot!

GS, 17's are lots of fun! I've got a smith and a couple of Colts. Capt. Jarrett was talking about how versatile the 45acp is and that a CAS/WB competitor could just use a 45acp out of rifle ,1911 and Saa and compete in both disaplines. Well I have uberti with a 45acp cylinder and he has a pair of Rugers convertibles . We decided to shoot a cowboy stage for fun with them as an experiment. Found out really quick that while using the same cartridge makes sense using the same load does not! Them pistols was rowdy! Fun test though.....hey that's a neat BAMM bench that got made,should work well for all involved.  Dusty Boddams

El Mulo & I have been putting on Cowboy & WB matches here for quite a few years.We started off with about a dozen people in WB but gradually fell off to where there is not enough people to put on a good match.I don't really know why we can't get people interested in it.

We had a couple of IPSIC guys shoot for a while but haven't seen them for a while..Don't have a clue why they quite on us..

At our range we can't leave our steel out,so it is quite a bit of work to bring steel out , pic up brass    count , score with just 5or 6 people..Most of us aint Spring Chickens. After all the work it seems to just take all the fun out of it..

Largo