The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Model 12?

Deplorable Dan

Howdy!

I just shoot my first WB match this month and loved it! I used one of the new 1887 lever guns offered by Cimarron and saw that everyone else was shooting 97's. I am wondering if I were to buy one of them, which one and why? I like the 87 but I intend on having the "drop two" mod done to it so I would not longer be able to stoke the tube.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Deplorable Dan said:

Howdy!

I just shoot my first WB match this month and loved it! I used one of the new 1887 lever guns offered by Cimarron and saw that everyone else was shooting 97's. I am wondering if I were to buy one of them, which one and why? I like the 87 but I intend on having the "drop two" mod done to it so I would not longer be able to stoke the tube.

Awesome ! That's great that you jumped into WB, thanks to the new rules, I'm glad you got to try WB with your 87 !

Now that you know you like it, yes a Model 12 would be perfect for WB. 

17 hours ago, Silvertip said:

After you get a model 12 contact Boggus Deal for one of his firing pins.

ST

Definitely a good option once you find one. Boggus doesn't care much for me, but he has good gun parts. 😂

Good luck and welcome,

CC Moonshine

On 10/16/2024 at 3:27 PM, Deplorable Dan said:

Howdy!

Lassiter, chief progenitor of the "drop two" mod, says that an 1887 CAN be returned to stoke mode with a simple part which is easily installed.  Yes to the Model 12; yes to the 1897 second, but I just ran a WB match with a fellow shooting a very slick 1887, and he was running just fine with it.

Cheers,

FJT

11 hours ago, CC Moonshine said:

Awesome ! That's great that you jumped into WB, thanks to the new rules, I'm glad you got to try WB with your 87 !

Now that you know you like it, yes a Model 12 would be perfect for WB. 

Definitely a good option once you find one. Boggus doesn't care much for me, but he has good gun parts. 😂

Good luck and welcome,

CC Moonshine

CC,

First, thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it very much. Truly. 
Second, I don’t know you well enough personally to like or dislike. I just don’t like or agree with things you’ve said and done. 
Two different things.

Boggus