The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Wild Bunch reactive targets

Before I sell my .45 Colt 1873 rifle and all my loaded .45 Colt ammo and Dillon reloading head and .45 bullets, I just want to make sure that rifle reactive targets will be set for the new lower 60 power factor at State, Regional, National and EOT Championships.

I am planning on shooting .357 MAG cases with a good amount of Trail Boss.  Or maybe just stick with my full .357 MAG case of 3F APP. 

I will say that nearly all WB shooters hope this rule changes. One of the great things about WB is that the guns can be shot in any order. The 60 PF breaks this as the shot timer no longer reliably picks up these low power rifle shots. Shooting a 38/357 and making a higher PF should not be an issue. 

I expect this to be a heavily debated item at the EoT TG meeting. You might wait at least until after that meeting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2024 at 7:14 AM, Artemus said:

I will say that nearly all WB shooters hope this rule changes. One of the great things about WB is that the guns can be shot in any order. The 60 PF breaks this as the shot timer no longer reliably picks up these low power rifle shots. Shooting a 38/357 and making a higher PF should not be an issue. 

I expect this to be a heavily debated item at the EoT TG meeting. You might wait at least until after that meeting.

Actually, it is Artemus. Lots of testing has been done in the past on .38/.357 rifles to make power factor. The toggle link rifles don’t hold up to the pressure. Reach out to Evil Roy. He spent a lot of time and money on it. 

On 4/23/2024 at 8:07 PM, BradyT88 said:

Was anything decided on this?

No, the TG meeting at EoT was simply to tell us that there is still no ROC, and not enough TGs to make any rule changes. SASS says no rule changes runitl the TGs vote and the ROC approve. About three items were brought up and shot down, as they would not be discussed until the above conditions were met.