The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Pershings Pursuit MO & SW Territorial Championship

Artemus

Wild Bunch matches tend to be a little short on buckles.....So come get one at Pershing's Pursuit - MO & SouthWest Territorial Championship! Join the Bear Creek Volunteers 9/15-17 in beautiful Branson, MO for a Wild good time. Starting this year, we are going to have Doughboy and Teddy Roosevelt as main match categories. Bring out your M1 Carbines and Thompsons for sidematches that you'll only see from Wild Bunch! More info and Applications at https://bearcreekvolunteers.com/PershingsPursuit.html  Discounted room rates through Stone Castle Hotel, dinner will be at a seperate venue. 

We'll have two stages of Bootlegger and Audie Murphy, there will be pocket pistols, speed matches, BAMM, LR TR, and more! Get your apps in!

Pershing'sBuckle23.jpg

• Like 3

I processed 400 pieces of .30-06 brass this week to get ready for this match (and Land Run) -- looking forward to everything you're offering.

What are the specifics on the Bootlegger and Audie Murphy stages? IIRC, Audie Murphy uses M1 Carbine for the rifle, and I assume Bootlegger uses the Thompson. Would there be any use for a modern PCC?

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 9:21 AM, C.N. Double said:

I processed 400 pieces of .30-06 brass this week to get ready for this match (and Land Run) -- looking forward to everything you're offering.

What are the specifics on the Bootlegger and Audie Murphy stages? IIRC, Audie Murphy uses M1 Carbine for the rifle, and I assume Bootlegger uses the Thompson. Would there be any use for a modern PCC?

Trying to stay away from modern carbines to remain true to the early weapons that set the stage for modern guns.   Right now the window ends like the BAMM rifle (issued by a government B4 end of WW2.  As for Bootlegger, we have the Thompson and M31 Suomi.   With that being said, we want folks to show up and play.   Use your imagination and help us build a program agreeable to the WB masses.  Dusty has a shooter running a SKS that is showing promise for an alternate to the M1 carbine.    

Basic match concept:  For Audi Murphy, double the TR/DB round count and the shooter just shoots the DB/TR rifle scenario twice.   Same for Bootlegger, take the WB (pistol caliber rifle) and double the round count and shoot the WB rifle scenariox2.   This doesn’t add any work to the Match director and helps the spotters due to same shooting pattern.   We are still working on hammering out the details and right now the focus is Audi Murphy.   There may be another option or two for Audi Murphy and Bootlegger.   Always looking for suggestions.   

hope this helps.   Feel free to give me a ring.   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...