The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

model 12 firing pin

hoss shoer

Hoss, I’ve designed a better firing than anything available after having all the other replacements break. I think there is a video available but I think I need to make one. Would you want one from start to finish taking down the whole shotgun or just replacing the firing pin in the bolt?

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2023 at 10:43 AM, Boggus Deal said:

Hoss, I’ve designed a better firing than anything available after having all the other replacements break. I think there is a video available but I think I need to make one. Would you want one from start to finish taking down the whole shotgun or just replacing the firing pin in the bolt?

BD, I ordered and was quickly sent one of your custom firing pins with spring, but have not made the installation yet.  I read the instructions you included, but wanted to ask you to clarify your recommendation (which you noted was optional) to leave out the breech bolt retaining lever.  Is this approach widely used, and what improvement does it make to operation?

On 4/27/2023 at 6:23 PM, Tennessee River said:

BD, I ordered and was quickly sent one of your custom firing pins with spring, but have not made the installation yet.  I read the instructions you included, but wanted to ask you to clarify your recommendation (which you noted was optional) to leave out the breech bolt retaining lever.  Is this approach widely used, and what improvement does it make to operation?

All that lock was for was when you take down the gun and transport it, it holds the bolt locked in place. Winchester actually removed it in later versions of the Model 12. If you take the gun down, let the hammer down before you do. It will hold the bolt in place as well as the lock ever did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1