The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

7.5x55 loading

I goofed on the 6.5.That is what they had it labeled as.It is actually a 7.5x55

Its a carbine with a 23in barrel.No bayonet lug.Is it legal for WB.

Im trying to find componets & all for it but rite now theres not much out there.I have mold for 170 gr 30 cal.What size would be the best size (Dia).What powder does people use.?

Largo

Need a pic or an arsenal and model number to be sure of that being a rifle issued to some armed forces up through WW II, but most of the Swiss 7.5 rifles and carbines are correct for BAMM (or Doughboy).  It needs to be unmodified from the configuration and sights it was issued with.

If it works as usual, your rifle will like a cast bullet load that many others don't.  Murphy at work.  But some great cast bullet military cartridge powders for 1600 to 1800 FPS are Varget, Reloder 7, 5744, 4198, 2400, 4227.  For lighter loads, then Unique and Red Dot and 231. 

Cast bullet at least 16 Brinell hardness, sized .309 ought to be just about perfect.  I'd look for a 150 to 180 grain design that you like.  So that 170 grain mold you already have would be first thing to try. 

good luck, GJ

The only # I find is the SN# All match even the mag.I don't know how to post pictures.Are these #s hidden?

Largo