The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Breeches

vaquero

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna have to go too far out on a limb and say most WBAS shooters do not wear those jodphur breeches. I have been shooting WB for years and been to many a WB match and have never seen even one shooter in them. I for one am not gonna pony up $55 for a pair.

So long as it is legal I will continue to just wear the duds I wear in regular CAS. Got enuff of wearing a uniform in the green machine and 25 years of deputying. I do encourage others to go as all out as they care to with their doughboy look even tho the movie that we base this sport on was set in what about 1907 not 1917? Go for it , power to alla y'all.

I'm just overjoyed when we did away with the felt hats only rule. That was sure a blessing for us sweaty heads. Harrumphh...

LD, it might of been set just a few years north of 1907 when you think about it...................................otherwise we would be trying to find 1905 colts and boy that's tough! ;D ;D hey did you get moved to fannin county yet? dusty

Right you are Dusty. Below is from Wikipedia. 1913 is the year.

The Wild Bunch is a 1969 American epic Western film directed by Sam Peckinpah about an aging outlaw gang on the Texas-Mexico border, trying to exist in the changing "modern" world of 1913. The film was controversial because of its graphic violence and its portrayal of crude men attempting to survive by any available means.

I do encourage others to go as all out as they care to with their doughboy look even tho the movie that we base this sport on was set in what about 1907 not 1917? Go for it , power to alla y'all.

You're right, who would want to wear something that was never worn in the movie "The Wild Bunch"?  Wait, what are these pictures I seem to have pulled up on this funny thing called the internet?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/cmr314/wildbunchpose_zpsc60e624f.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/cmr314/600full-the-wild-bunch-photo_zps54cb2bee.jpg

Don't these actors know they're in a western movie?  Just look at them, running around acting like they're doughboys or something, what were they thinking?

Oh I didn't say we shouldn't be wearin' them blousy breeches. I said I had never seen a WB shooter wearin' 'em and that I would not be paying $55 for a pair. Too steep for this cheapie charlie GI. Would love to have several pair and them tall brown boots jest cain't afford it. 1907, 1913 what's a decade or two here or there?

Dusty the move is off and I get to remain a High Plains Panhandle man. She came to her senses...