The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Needing help for BAMM 8 mm cast loads

Watauga Kid

Well howdy WK, Hoodoo Brown has these bullets local in .323 G.C. and Norm Purcella has them hitek  coated and G.C. Hoodoo number is 432-661-3745 he can load these for you! and Norm is 575-625-2825.  8mm is an easy to load round and usually will go to shoot'n right off the bat. One thing of note most all the 8mm use 3 bump clips. What rifle did you get? Start about 14 grains of trail boss that's what grouchy spike uses for powder in his k31. Red dot ,2400, what do you have to work with ? Loads are flexible with what we are trying to do and I bet you've got powder on the shelf that will work well.  Dusty B

RCBS has a nice 170 grain RNFP mold in .323 diameter if you want to cast your own.  I make them about 16 Brinnell hardness (wheelweights with 25% linotype in it), Hornady gas check, White Label Carnuba Red lube, and load over 20 grains of 5744 or 18 grains of 4227.  I can usually keep those under 2 MOA.

Not a lot of commercial sources for cast rifle bullets, and 8MM are not a common one even if you find someone casting.  Getting them from Hoodoo or Purcella is an easy way to start.

Good luck, GJ

• 2 weeks later...