Rafe Posted September 12 Posted September 12 (edited) I bought a Springfield milspec 1911 pistol took it out shooting and the grips kept loosening up, it appears that the grip-screw bushing threads are stripped and the existing bushings already appear to be oversized. Got it from the shooters widow so I would not want to send it back for the money (was a great deal to start with) anyone know of a fix? Tried lock tight but loosen up after shooting. Rafe Edited September 12 by Rafe Quote
Lawman Mark II Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/handgun-parts/handgun-grips-parts/1911-auto-oversized-stock-bushings--tap/?sku=080570000 Order the above to fix it yourself, or have a gunsmith do it. I've had it done on a Colt years ago, and it's still going strong. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.