The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Database Error saving an edit to a post of mine

Garrison Joe

Today I am getting a "database error" repeatedly when editing a post of mine.  It requests me to notify an administrator.  If this post is accepted, I will assume I have so notified an administrator.      :D

Later...

Hope someone got this...but this is just a test to see if db error is resolved.

OK, looks like it did get fixed!

Later -

fixed now?  Yep, at least for now.

I hope it's working.  I have a match announcement to post later today.

I've grown frustrated as this has been going on for a very long time (months) and there are no assurances forthcoming about when or how it will be fixed or who will do the fixin'.  I'm uncomfortable bothering the Moderators with this since they have no direct control over the server or the program.  But, this problem has made connecting our little band of shooters even more problematic than usual.

It seems like a link to the Major Domo for the server would be a good thing to have at the bottom of the page.

AW

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

Occasionally, we have that problem on the SASS Forums. It sometimes occurs when you use special characters in a title or copy and paste text from another source. The last time it happened, the tech said to right click and choose copy as plain text. That worked for the poster.

I hope that helps.

Allie

Occasionally, we have that problem on the SASS Forums. It sometimes occurs when you use special characters in a title or copy and paste text from another source. The last time it happened, the tech said to right click and choose copy as plain text. That worked for the poster.

The problem I reported on 11/30/16 was not due to special characters or pasting text in from another source.  Problem eventually cleared the next day, and I was able to make a post with standard text on 12/1 that did not work on 11/30.  So, this one seemed to be a transient system problem.

(Managing and developing an Enterprise-level data management system as I do, I am very aware of some databases not handling special characters well at all, so I try to avoid them like the plague.)

Thanks for all you do for our forums, though!