The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Texas WB Champions!

Goody

Well, it's over for another year. Just completed the 2014 Texas State Wild Bunch championship at Comanche Valley Vigilantes. Thanks to all the people who worked so hard to make it a success for the third year in a row. Great stages written by Goatneck Clem, lots of variety, knock downs and movement. Some very innovative side matches from the fertile mind of Dusty Boddems and Captain Jarrett. Delicious food prepared by Sidewinder Sid and his lovely wife (can't seem to get Saturday's dessert off my mind!).

The winners were all 24 shooters who came out and shot in absolutely gorgeous weather, low 80's both days, very few clouds and just enough breeze to keep bugs off of you. The ones who got trophies were;

Ladies Modern - Wicked Felina

Ladies Traditional - Green Eyed Brazos Belle

Mens Modern - Captain Sam Evans

Mens Traditional - Goatneck Clem

Captain Sam and Brazos Belle were the top ranking man and woman, so are the Texas Champions. Congrats to all that shpt the match, hope to see even more of you next year.

Uh, I do believe this was the 4th year in a row not 3rd. And the first one I missed.

Also the poorest turn-out of the 4 down half a dozen from the previous 3 year average. That is disheartening to say the least. I will surely bring it back up one next year. Tip of the campaign hat to all in attendance.

;D ;D + 1 on what goody said and if you couldn't/didn't make it  you missed the best quality wise match with the best target sets and stages that I have seen. good news is there will be more! ya'll get your ducks in a row for the next one .we will be having a large time!  dusty boddams

I was already hooked on WB, but now I'm hooked on the State WB Match.  Billy Bob, Goatneck Clem, Dusty Boddams, Crooked Bullet, etc made that so much fun that I'm now having difficulty delaying gratification awaiting next year. Stage 1 with 30 targets with 36 rounds was entertaining too!  Our match on the 31st will mimic that scenario, along with some 7 round mag scenarios.

After the match I stopped to visit the granddaughters.  The 13 yr old, shooting my 1911 for the first time on a dueling tree, was hitting five of six targets fairly consistently on the PD range.  Almost crushed my ego after my difficulties on Stages 5 and 10 in the match.  I told her that her next gun is a 1911, and she can join me in WB matches at ranges near her.  That next gun is already ordered.

I was already hooked on WB, but now I'm hooked on the State WB Match.  Billy Bob, Goatneck Clem, Dusty Boddams, Crooked Bullet, etc made that so much fun that I'm now having difficulty delaying gratification awaiting next year. Stage 1 with 30 targets with 36 rounds was entertaining too!  Our match on the 31st will mimic that scenario, along with some 7 round mag scenarios.

After the match I stopped to visit the granddaughters.  The 13 yr old, shooting my 1911 for the first time on a dueling tree, was hitting five of six targets fairly consistently on the PD range.  Almost crushed my ego after my difficulties on Stages 5 and 10 in the match.  I told her that her next gun is a 1911, and she can join me in WB matches at ranges near her.  That next gun is already ordered.

Now that is way too cool, Granddad!

There are a number of things like thin grips and short triggers that can help small hands.

JFN