Old Man Graybeard Posted Wednesday at 04:46 AM Posted Wednesday at 04:46 AM What is everyone using for a 225 grain coated truncated flat point using WW 231 ...WST...and Unique. I want to be at about 160 power factor. Thanks Quote
Garrison Joe Posted Wednesday at 11:18 AM Posted Wednesday at 11:18 AM (I certainly am not everybody), but I load 4.2 grains of WST behind any lead slug in the 225 to 230 grain range, to usually make about 160-165 Power Factor. Each 1911 I have loaded for shoots slightly different velocities for the same loading, though, so you need to check the load in your gun. good luck, GJ 2 Quote
Muggins Posted Thursday at 08:35 PM Posted Thursday at 08:35 PM 4.4 grains of HP-38 (231) under a 225 TCFP gives me 700 fps (157.5 PF) in my 1911. 1 Quote
Silvertip Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago I have used 4.1 grains of WST for 225 gr. flat point in, Reds 45 power factor is 164.4, in mine it is 169.4 power factor. ST Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.