Jump to content
The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

I recently came across a Model 12 Lightweight (basically a non-takedown 1912 in 12 guage) and was wondering as to it’s status for shooting in Wild Bunch.

I believe it wasn’t available in 1913-14. Would that be the cutoff for model 12 variants?

 

 

Posted
11 hours ago, Wolfy said:

Hi,

I recently came across a Model 12 Lightweight (basically a non-takedown 1912 in 12 guage) and was wondering as to it’s status for shooting in Wild Bunch.

I believe it wasn’t available in 1913-14. Would that be the cutoff for model 12 variants?

 

 

The Model 12 is allowed in WBAS. No distinction is made between take-down or non take-down.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 9/14/2026 at 9:48 PM, Flying W Ramrod said:

The Model 12 is allowed in WBAS. No distinction is made between take-down or non take-down.

There is no non takedown Model 12. The Featherweight is a takedown. Just a different design than a standard Model 12. 

  • Sad 1
Posted
3 hours ago, Garrison Joe said:

Winchester collectors hold that the Featherweight is a Model 12 variant, and from comments above by other WB rules followers, would be easily considered as a full-blown Model 12 for WB matches.  It's the only non-takedown-collared version of the Model 12.    good luck, GJ

 

Reference link:

Winchester Collector Org Admin Thread on Featherweights

I guess Winchester didn’t have internet ex spurts to tell them they didn’t know what they were talking about when they built the guns. What did they know?

IMG_5353.jpeg

IMG_5352.jpeg

Posted

Regarding the name, the model is Model 12 (on the top of both of those pages), variant is Featherweight.  Making it a Model 12 Featherweight.  I'm pretty certain that the admin of the Winchester Collectors org would agree, but you can contact him if you want.  

As for "no takedown collar" - I see no collar on the pages you display.  It's got a takedown mechanism that allows only for barrel removal, but has no "takedown collar" (receiver extension) that allows both the barrel and mag tube to be dismounted. 

As for character attack by calling someone an "ex spurt" - I've seen that trick before.  No interpersonal conflicts, please.  If you want to discuss real stuff, let's do it.  good luck, GJ

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...