The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Wild Bunch costume contests?

Dantankerous

Besides at EoT and maybe Winter Range, are there any ever WB costume contests at State or Regional level matches? I know there are some GREAT CAS costumes that the men and ladies wear and is certainly part of the cowboy shooting fun for a lot of us. What about Wild Bunch?

What costume might win or place or be recognized? Accurate representation of an early Army soldier? Anything else interesting?

Just curious.

Thanks.

Dan, I know they have costuming contests. I know we had one at state last year I think. Most of the costuming of course is based on military and a lot of it is really good but any costume that fits in the era and has that really correct sharp look,catches the judges eyes is a contender. Ours was judged during the match for both days. Mens and women's.  Dusty

You may know that my wife Copper queen is one of the head judges at EOT and also at the Conventions when they were held. She also judges Wild Bunch at EOT. There is usually a dedicated military judge for WBAS contests as well as the other judges for non-military costumes. Costuming is usually period US military but also has been won by period Mexican costuming, and related things such as a nurses costume of the period. Remember when putting your non-military costume together that Wild Bunch is EDWARDIAN period more than Victorian which is the  period covered be CAS. However a good Victorian period costume could easily win.

I am addressing the larger contests such as EOT and WR when I speak of the judging panels.  At smaller matches such as State judging is usually less formal. We STRONGLY encourage WBAS competitors to wear nice costuming.

• 2 weeks later...

Besides at EoT and maybe Winter Range, are there any ever WB costume contests at State or Regional level matches? I know there are some GREAT CAS costumes that the men and ladies wear and is certainly part of the cowboy shooting fun for a lot of us. What about Wild Bunch?

What costume might win or place or be recognized? Accurate representation of an early Army soldier? Anything else interesting?

Just curious.

Thanks.

We do a costume contest at the CA State WBAS Match. Unfortunately, I do the judging and have been unable to find an experienced Military costumer to help me. Hint Hint! Love to see Happy Jack or Capt. George Baylor show up and help. Copper Queen would be VERY WELCOME to help with the SASS judging. BTW, I have begged them to come.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Jackaroo, That sounds fine to me.  Have fun with it.

Hi Dusty, I'm fine just killing time in Oz ( immigration rules?) at present before we come come back in Early Feb.

Yea I was thinking of a unique German Afrika Korp outfit (Panser ) , as I'm from Africa originally and was in an armoured brigade for my military time in the South African Defence Force, have a Mauser at present for Bam. ( if Goatnek can sort it 😀😀😀)

How's that? Just need to find an old Harley and side car so I can roar upi N a cloud of dust with my rifle slung across my back😀😀😀😀 as I doubt I'd find a tank!

;D ;D jackaroo, that sounds really neat! I like the idea of that. You do know what your starting here? A specific costuming for BAMM and there's a lot of really neat uniforms from all over the world. ;D ;D  Capt. Jarrett has a 1938 Harley, I think he has the scabbard for his Thompson too............hmm.......you still using the 7mm Mauser that you had at the OK WB state match?  Dusty

:) :)😀😀😀 yea I thought as much, could go boom!!!

38 Harley cool😀 Yes still have the 7 mm at OK match.

It's with Goatnek at present, he was going to have a look at it, as it seemed to be a bit all over the place after a few rounds. Haven't heard from him, was going to pick it up at WR.