The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Frankford Arsenal Pile Driver Bullet Puller review

When reloading we all have made some rounds or inherited some mystery rounds that we want the brass for and have needed to safely pull components apart. I recently broke my old kinetic hammer and bought another, but doggone, if it isn't a pain to bang away on the garage floor to pull each round. So MidwayUSA give a birthday discount and mine happened to fall on an additional discount and a free shipping deal this year! So I decided to go ahead and splurge on one of these wall mounted bullet pullers. Just put it up today and tried it out. So here goes the review...

First, it is extremely well packed with GREAT instructions. Not only clearly written, but with very good safety advice when mounting it. There are two ways for mounting this beast, depending on if you are putting it with a single stud behind it or a wider board. Made my marks so it would be vertical and it went up quickly and easily. You definitely want this mounted in solid wood, not drywall by itself.
Operation is straightforward and well explained. You can use regular Lee shellholders instead of the collets included. As it comes, it will do one round at a time between emptying the catcher for the bullet and powder. You can run a length of 5/8" ID tubing into a container, which I will set up as soon as I run to the hardware store.
AND....it works really well. Heavily crimped .45 Colt rounds popped free, most on the first pull and always on the second if needed. It is LOUD when it does it's thing, so be warned.
Overall, I like it. It works and if I need to pull a bunch of shells apart, this will be a really good way to do it.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022385082?pid=621674

• Like 1