The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

WV Wild Bunch match - great shoot!

I attended the WV wild bunch match July 20-21 in Great Cacapon and it was a very good match!  The people are awesome and the shooters prizes were above & beyond for a smaller match.  They shot 5 stages then had lunch on both days.  After lunch on Saturday they had a Doughboy and Teddy Roosevelt match plus speed events.  The props were well done and innovative.  This was a more traditional WB match but all of the targets were hittable (not that I did, but they were...).  They had a tombstone plate rack that you shot with the shotgun, 2 Texas stars, a running buffalo, a popper with a water bottle flyer, chickens on stands (feather and button eyes included), traditional plate rack, swinger, and a huge target 83 yds away that lit up when you hit it.  On one stage you had to guess your total time for the stage before you shot it and whoever came closest won a really nice Hornady range bag.  This was my 2nd year attending (and their 2nd annual) and I will definitely be back.  The couple that own the range (Texas Tommy & Lady Benson) are the nicest people and he's somewhat of a prankster which adds to the shoot's  atmosphere.  Next year's match is July 19-20, 2025 and if you can make it you should as you won't be disappointed.  I stayed in Berkeley Springs which is 25 minutes from the range.  For more details checkout their website www.wvcass.org.  Thanks to everyone who helped out and ran it!  I am looking forward to next year.

Roper

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agreed!  These folks know how to 'do it up right'!  Awesome folks, very good match!  You can tell a lot of thought and work went into the whole shoot/weekend!  Already on my calendar for next year!  Come join the WV WB posse... you'll be glad you did! 

See you there July 19-20, 2025!

Headshot Hannah