The SASS Wild Bunch Forum

Hope is a great thing ============

Howdy all,

Just hosted the first Indiana State Championship Wild Bunch match last weekend before the CAS State match.

Super happy with the turnout, had 34 sign up, 29 completed the match!

A survey prior to the match showed over 50 % were using 38 rifle.

Everyone had a fantastic time and there seemed to be a good deal of excitement for Wild bunch throughout the weekend.

I spoke to several folks getting WB going in their areas and matches they are working at starting.

Congrats to Ethan Callahan on the overall win! He is awesome to watch and one heck of a good guy.

Have a super week,

CC Moonshine

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2024 at 4:46 PM, CC Moonshine said:

Howdy all,

Just hosted the first Indiana State Championship Wild Bunch match last weekend before the CAS State match.

Super happy with the turnout, had 34 sign up, 29 completed the match!

Everyone had a fantastic time and there seemed to be a good deal of excitement for Wild bunch throughout the weekend.

I spoke to several folks getting WB going in their areas and matches they are working at starting.

Congrats to Ethan Callahan on the overall win! He is awesome to watch and one heck of a good guy.

Have a super week,

CC Moonshine

Thanks!   Lots of fun, great people and a great club!!!  I feel privileged to have won the first Indiana State championship and the 1st Michigan State Championship in Saginaw two years ago.  Being the first ever winner of something is pretty special to me.  

• Like 3

On 8/5/2024 at 2:48 PM, Jim Miller said:

Can the 50% be broken down into those who are first time WB shooters and those who are regular WB shooters ?

Hi Jim,

Looking at the list I believe 9 or 10 of the ones shooting .38 this was their first year shooting WB. 3 or 4 had shot WB before.

The rest that shot 45 were all veteran WB shooters.